Keep your wardrobe simple for actor headshots. Casting Directors are interested in your face, not your clothes. Wear something you like and feel good in. The good feeling will carry over into your shots. Suggestion: Try it in a selfie! If it looks good on your device, it will probably look even better in your headshots.
- Strong, distracting patterns
- Jewellery other than simple earrings
- Shirts with words, logos or other distractions
- Plunging necklines
- Pure white (especially if your skin is dark)
- Super bold colours
- Black shirts sometimes work well, but can also get lost in a darker background. If you’d like to experiment with black shirts and jackets, it’s good to bring an alternative to the shoot with you just in case.
- Simple T-shirts (V-necks especially seem to always work)
- Tops within a few shades of your skin tone
- Simple textures often work better than solid colours
- Leather and denim always seem to look great
- Suit jackets almost always work. Slip one on over a T-shirt to add variety